08 December 2013

cheap art

To those that know me, it's no surprise that I'm thrifty. I love the challenge of creating something inexpensively that turns out good enough to hang on the wall. Canvases can get expensive and I like my sides thick. So what's a girl to do but make her own. Thin paneling from any home improvement store, along with some 1x bats and you have the base. I just used liquid nail to attach it all together. I stained the boards and once they were dry I stenciled the numbers with white paint. FedEx Office enlarged the numbers for me, and I simply cut them out with an exacto knife. Sealed with a clear coat and there you have it, cheap and beautiful art! Double bonus: My boys are thrilled to see their soccer jersey numbers on the wall as art.

No comments:

thanks for visiting

for your listening pleasure


site meter