12 January 2011

newspaper logs

 some time ago i found an old paper log roller at the thrift shop.
we have had so much fun recycling newspapers into these useful fire starter logs.
{don't worry dad, i'm not burning them in the fireplace}
we still have a shake shingle roof and my dad says its a sure ingredient for a fire because
of the embers this kind of paper would put off.

 so we burn them in our outdoor pit.
but when i'm not burning a real fire indoors, i like to have these resting in my fireplace.
i love the simple look of them.
and equally like that it's another way to teach the boys about recycling.


linking up with white wednesday over at faded charm!
hello to all newbies...add yourself as a follower
or leave a comment to let me know you stopped by.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Kathi as if I just found my soul sister:) I love simple things, especially simple whites so I agree, those newspaper rolls look wonderful sitting in the basket. I am also a wannabe farmhouse owner...living at the beach:) Doesn't hurt to dream, right?
I peeked at the post below and those pies look delicious...and adorable! Is it difficult to make them like that? (i'm not great without directions in the kitchen:)
Anyway, have a great day and I'll see you around:)

The French Bear said...

Wow, what an impact, it is amazing what can look great.....there are so many whites to see, love the simplicity of the papers!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Polly said...

I've seen those log rollers before and have always passed them up.....but wow, these newspaper logs are really cool looking Kathi!!

I LOVE that you are teaching your kids about recycling! It is so important!!

thanks for visiting

for your listening pleasure


site meter