31 March 2010

master redo ~ white wednesday

i am joining in on white wednesday over at Faded*Charm today to show off my master redo.  i used cloud white (benjamin moore) on the walls.  it was just the color i was looking for...white yet warm.  and i used glass of milk (martha stewart) for the trim.
on with the photos shall we?

i played around with moving my bed.  but think it just works best on this wall so that we can both have bedside tables. 

i love the tree branch above the bed.  i wanted something besides a large picture, collage, ect.  so free always works for me.  tucked in a few photos just because.

shouldn't every bed have a coffee bag pillow on it? 


bedside tables unmatched on purpose.  they were both brown before so i just painted the bases and left the tops. 


a super bright and sunny day here today so this photo has quite a glare.  but wanted you to see this side of the room.  this old shoe rack (a garage sale steal at $30!) has always been in my garage.  i use it when i have shows to display my trays.  not sure that i love it here, but at least it is out of the garage.  now her function is to hold books and seems like she's a clothes rack at times too.

a few pretties up on top.  love the large basket that i scored last week for $3.


another view, this one looking into the master bath.

my all time favorite cabinet.  purchased when we lived overseas.  it holds all sorts of things.


i originally was playing around with some lovely fabric for the curtains, but they just seemed to dark.  so i went with white and i think it's ok for now.  come winter though i may have to switch out for something a little cozier.  a grayish velvet maybe?


so that's it.  so glad to have this project to this stage.  love that it is bright,white and oh so clean.  i think it's one of the reasons i am always painting. . . it's the best way to get everything super clean!
now to get some easter decorations out!

oh and if you're new here today for white wednesday please leave me a comment so that i can 'meet' you.  AND if you're feeling crazy today. . . add yourself as a follower! 

13 comments:

Faded Charm said...

Beautiful! I love the contrast of brown and white especially on the bed. Thanks for sharing today.

~Happy WW~

Kathleen

oldgreymare said...

There is nothing better than browns, creams and burlap. Nothing!

"Menage a perfect"

:-)

Suzan

the old white house said...

This looks so restful, great mix of the muted colors and I love the branch with pictures stuck in it! Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

absolutely delightful! so cheerful! I am so happy that I came by. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. until later... Happy Whites!

Miss Gracie's House said...

Very nice! The burlap pillows are so chic! Happy WW!
Rene'

Sandi said...

What a lovely redo!! It is so pretty. Happy WW!
Blessings~

Oliver's said...

So beautiful! I love it....and my favorite is the way you decorated the armoire love the clock and the soaps etc. and the pillow...I could go on and on.

raggygirlvintage said...

Looks amazing, so restful. I really like the white of the walls, it's white but not glarishly so. As for the coffee sack pillow, is there anywhere burlap doesn't look good!

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, I appreciate it!

Tracey

9405018--Pat said...

Wow....love it...so pretty......Pat H

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

LOVE the old shoe rack!! The BEST 30 bucks ever spent!!
Beth

GEna @ Inspired Living Spaces said...

Hi Kathi - oh my you have done such a great job!!! I love it - from the colour scheme, your cofee pillow (oh yes such a great idea!)your simple, yet lovely bits and pieces - all pulled together sooo well!!!!

Nice, nice, nice!!! Now I want to redo my room too (which incidentally desperately needs an overhaul!!)
have a great easter!!
Gena @ Inspired Living Spaces
pcs. thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

Room to Inspire said...

I really like the twig/stick above your bed displaying your photos! I might have to borrow this idea!

Chelsea

Marci said...

I love the bedroom redo! The lighter walls and sheer curtains makes for such a peaceful room. Great job!

thanks for visiting

for your listening pleasure


site meter