01 March 2010

in need of a stripper?

i did a little stripping this weekend.
.
not THAT kind of stripping you silly girls . . .
.
THIS kind of stripping . . .

and if you have a stripping project on your list i recommend this brand. it was amazing! safe for indoor use too so i didn't have to lug my piece to the garage. in 45 minutes it had done its job and 4 layers of paint came off in one scrape. super easy! AND it smells like citrus.
.
this was my project . . .


my island in the kitchen. i was just tired of the top being painted black, so i stripped it to the bare wood, threw on some stain and a sealer and i love it.

now my only thing is that i think i want to paint the base of it white. but at times i still like it black. i can't decide. decisions decisions.
.
will you please help me? what would you choose? keep it black or paint it white (to match my cabinets). please leave me a comment with your vote.
.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Paint it red. Dad

savvycityfarmer said...

I would live with it for a while ... THEN decide ...
it does anchor the room being black ...
put a big stack of white platters on top ...

Room to Inspire said...

Thank you so much for this post - I have a piece I want to strip but I don't want to have to carry it outside! I will be off to buy this product. I love the black as it does anchor the piece - I like cityfarmer's comment - add some white accessories!

Chelsea

Anne said...

Hey K! Love your blog!
I would love to try this stripper. Where did you find it?
This might be the answer to my "stripping" prayers!
Anne

Sara Farrar Photography said...

keep it black!!

My Casa Bella said...

Well, I'm thinking neither black or white, RED!!! Your kitchen is already black and white, so you need a punch, and it seems like your dad is right...:)

Doe said...

I agree with Dad!! Try Red!! ;) Luv ya sis!!

thanks for visiting

for your listening pleasure


site meter